So I have a friend that just did this and I thought it was pretty interesting. If you don't know me, you're about to and if you do know me, well, you're probably going to learn more than you wanted. So let's do this!
1. I'm a chocoholic. I LOVE CHOCOLATE! I have to have some every day or I get a little bit grumpy. It doesn't have to be fancy or anything. Just good ol' milk chocolate usually does the trick.
2. I'm a pretty shy person. People who don't know me in high school usually don't believe it and people in h.s. can't believe I talk as much as I do now. I still have a hard time though.
3. I get choked up easily. Certain things cause it more than others. Movies. Thinking about something happening to my family. My daughter's wedding day.
4. I'm a book fanatic. I love books. I want a large library in my house someday with hundreds or thousands of books. I'll read what I can, but I just like having them.
5. I love flying. I used to love flying during college because it was just me and I can sit at an airport and people watch all day long.
6. I love fishing, but don't do it near enough. Doesn't matter where. Streams, ponds, lakes or ocean. I love the fight and when they're not biting I love the sitting around, relaxing, thinking and eating part.
7. I believe in soulmates. Doesn't have to do with love, but can be about two people just having a connection and be great friends.
8. I love singing in the shower. It just always sounds better there.
9. I have a pair of University of North Carolina basketball shorts that one of my best friends gave me over 10 years ago and I've probably worn them over 1000 times easily. They still look pretty new.
10. I love my buzzed head and wish I would have done it back in college.
11. If I had one wish it would either be that I could go back to the age of 8 with the knowledge I have now and do things over or to be able to see at least one day into the future at all times.
12. I enjoy all kinds of music. Well, almost. I can't take the super hard metal, but almost anything else. Pop, Rock, Rap, Country, Classical, Bluegrass, etc. Whatever mood I'm in determines what I listen to.
13. I love the early mornings. The world is just quiet and still and you can get a lot of things done. The sunrise is pretty nice too.
14. I love sports and my favorite teams are UNC (college bball), Va. Tech (college fball), Washington Redskins (NFL), L.A. Lakers (NBA) and Braves, Mets and Red Sox (baseball). I'll cheer for a lot of other teams, but those teams first.
15. The Discovery Channel is awesome! I like most shows on there.
16. I've had lots of different jobs. Lawn mower, Bagger, Stocker. Asbestos Removal Prep Guy, Residential Construction, Commercial Construction, Telemarketer (sorry), Wal-Mart store set-up, Substitute Teacher, Graphic Designer, Realtor and Frozen Foods Manager.
17. I love surprising my family. The planning, build up and surprise are great.
18. I'm VERY goal oriented. This has only been true for a few years, but I have a long list of goals at all times. New Year's resolutions are big to me as you can see. Some people tell me I'll never accomplish them all and it just drives me. Others say they are too far out of reach and I just set myself up for disappointment when I fail. The way I see it, if I fail at least I probably did more than if I had no goal at all and I'll just try harder next time.
19. I'm really self conscious.
20. I'm really competitive.
21. The first things I notice about people are their eyes and smile.
22. I'm a momma's boy and proud of it.
23. I like plays. Jess bought me tickets to The Phantom of the Opera for my first birthday we were together. I wasn't very happy and asked her if she even knew me (even though we were engaged). We went and I loved it. Been to many, many more and my favorite is Wicked. I also LOVE STOMP!!!
24. I love art. Since I was an art major in college it helped, but art history was very hard for me. I don't want to know when they painted it or what underlying meanings there were usually. I just love looking at it and buying it. Some favorite artists are Norman Rockwell, MC Escher, John James Audobon, Christian Riese Lassen, Salvador Dali, James Christensen, and Liz Lemon Swindle.
25. I love the rain and thunderstorms. If it's during a day I can take a nap it's even better. Playing sports in the rain. Running in the rain. Dancing in the rain. Kissing in the rain. It's all great.
26. My first concert ever was with Heidi Frampton and we went to see the Smashing Pumpkins at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Va.
27. One of my favorite memories of childhood was chopping wood with my dad.
28. My wife and I met at Ricks college. We started dating a year after we met. Before that we dated each other's roommates. Ooops.
29. I grew up in the mountains of Virginia and love bluegrass music. Nickel Creek and Jack white are some of my newer favorites, but I love a lot of the old stuff too. Ralph Stanley. Allison Krauss. It's all good.
30. I've lived in 4 states: Virginia, Idaho, California and Utah.
31. I love milk. It's my favorite drink. I probably drink 3 to 4 glasses a day. Still waiting for it to 'do a body good'.
32. I'm a big fan of hugging/kissing. My mom is a hugger so I just grew up with it. I have to hold back some now, but if there is ever anyone that needs a hug, I'm your guy. They are both just so much fun and can make a bad day good and a good day great.
33. My favorite holiday is Valentine's Day. That's the romantic part of me coming out. I love buying stuff for loved ones and planning surprises.
34. I'm not a fan of pets, but I have one that I'm bound and determined to have someday. A pet shark.
35. I don't know hardly anything about cars, but I love them. My favorites right now are BMW, Aston Martin, old hot rods and trucks.
36. I got a 'Dear John' letter while on my mission. By the time I got home she was married and 8 months pregnant.
37. I still keep in contact with all of my college roommates from my first two years of college. They are like brothers and we keep in touch with emails, blogs, fantasy sports and the occasional get togethers when we are close.
38. I have 21 screws in my mouth from a jaw surgery I had at age 17 to fix an underbite. I can still feel some of them through my gums on the top. Freaky. And no, I don't set off any metal detectors.
39. When I shoot 3-pointers I usually click my heels. You can always tell if I'm on or not if I get a good 'click' going.
40. I absolutely love Sportscenter. What's not to love? Sports and whitty comedy. Love it!
41. I want a large cabin someday. I love cabins and would want to spend more time there than at my house.
42. I've already started drawing plans for our next house. We helped design the house we are in right now, but we already have changes we'd make. I love houses and coming up with unique things that would benefit our family or just be plain cool.
43. I don't mind chick flicks. My favorite is The Notebook. Jess has had me watch Steel Magnolias a lot too and it's pretty funny.
44. I'm a romantic even though I don't show it as much as I should. Need to change that.
45. My grandpa is one of my biggest heroes.
46. I have a fear of deep water. If I can't touch the bottom or see the bottom my over-active imagination takes over and it freaks me out.
47. I love playing fantasy sports with my friends and family. From analyzing players and teams to preparing for the live draft and the head-to-head matchups. It's just fun and if anything it keeps us in contact.
48. Scuba diving is awesome. Jess and I got certified about 3 years ago and have only been diving in Hawaii, but plan on doing much more through the years. We are hoping to go somewhere in the Caribbean this spring.
49. I have a bucket list. It's really long, like my goals, but I really want to do all of these things. Right now I'm just hoping to don one a year.
50. I'd love to hold a world record someday. No particular one. Just grab the most recent book, pick one I think I can do and go for it.
51. UNC is my favorite team of any sports, any level. I bleed Carolina blue.
52. I am a True Aggie.
53. I made the Ricks College Contemporary Dance Team. I thought it was going to be more like hip-hop, but it was more like 'pretend to be a leaf being tossed around by the wind'. I didn't stick with it.
54. I'm a huge video game fan, but don't have any systems for that reason. My wife would probably leave me and my kids would never see me.
55. I want to own my grandparent's house someday. It's in a really little town in northern Utah, but they live in an old Mormon church that was built in the 1920's. It has a basketball court, stage, etc. They've renovated the rest to be their home, but it's awesome.
56. I'm related to the Civil War General, Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.
57. I have 3 kids, McKaylee, Austin and Carter and we're probably not done.
58. I proposed to Jess by making her a book called "151 reasons why I love Jessica Robinson" with handwritten reasons complete with pictures and other sentimental things. I had her look at it on the side of the mountain in Logan as we overlooked Cache Valley. Reason #1 was "For accepting these flowers filled with my love". I gave her a tulip filled with little plastic x's and o's. Then another. And another. Then another, but that one had a small, plastic ring. We had talked about marriage, but I told her I didn't have any money for a ring so it would have to be a small plastic one. When she saw it she laughed some and I gave her another rose. She began to try and look inside it and that's when I got down on my knee. Luckily she said yes.
59. I served a 2 year Mormon mission to Carlsbad, California and loved it.
60. I don't know how to water ski or wakeboard and all my in-laws do.
61. I really like bellybuttons.
62. Jess and I went parasailing this past summer. I was able to cross off something on my bucket list, but my fear of deep water came into play when the driver decided to dip us and leave us there a long time. I swear there was a great white under that water just waiting for me.
63. My wife still amazes and surprises me with her beauty after 9 years of marriage.
64. I have killed a deer while hunting with my dad as a teenager and would like to go elk hunting with him someday.
65. I'd like to learn how to paint. I took a class in college, but it wasn't enough.
66. I really enjoy playing a good game of chess, but can't find people to play with.
67. I was almost bitten by a 4 foot Cottonmouth/Water Mocassin snake when I was about 10 years old. It was a few inches from my ankle in the water. I jumped out of the water and it swam across the water to a hole in the rocks.
68. I've been shot by a bb gun, many, many times.
69. I love a good steak. Some of the best I've had were at Ruby River Steakhouse, Flemings Steakhouse and Texas Roadhouse.
70. I have ideas for personalized license plates I want to have someday, but none of them really belong on a '01 Toyota Corolla.
71. I love cufflinks. My parents gave me my first pair for Christmas this year (UNC ones of course) and I love wearing them. Now I have a wish list of about 10 more that I want. I can see it becoming an addiction.
72. I love wearing a nice suit.
73. I'd love to learn how to fly a helicopter someday.
74. Some of my favorite desserts are Kula Pie (Mama's Fish House on Maui), Big Mountain Chocolate Cake (Black Angus) and warm fudge brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and chocolate syrup/fudge.
75. I love quotes. Inspiring ones are the best. Here are a few of my favorite:
"Imagination is more important than education" - Albert Einstein
"It's better to shoot for the stars and land on the moon than shoot for the moon and land in a pile of crap" -Jace McInelly (mission companion)
"Make it Happen" -Robinson Family Motto (my in-laws)
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." -Successories poster.
76. I'd love to ride LOTOJA someday. It's a one day, 206 mile bike ride from Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Hence the name LO TO JA.
77. I'd like to compete in some sort of triathlon someday. Maybe not a full Ironman, but at least a spring triathlon.
78. I've had stitches in my knee, head (twice), neck and mouth.
79. I had a full page picture on the cover of a section of the newspaper when I was about 16 talking about soccer. I was a goalie for our undefeated soccer team.
80. I love money and learning about it.
81. One of my nicknames is "Money".
82. I love a sunrises and sunsets. I'd often get up and see the sunrise coming out of the ocean growing up on the east coast and then on my mission in California there were many times I saw it set in the ocean as well. It's just peaceful and calming.
83. I love smells. Especially perfume. I've always had a habit of inhaling after a female walks by just to see how they smell. It's just become a habit and it can sometimes be intoxicating. Many times I've wanted to ask women what perfume they are wearing so I can get it for Jess, but I'm not brave enough.
84. I'd like to write a book someday. Not sure what about.
85. I'm one of the biggest dreamers you will ever meet. Just look at my goals. My overactive imagination takes over and I can outdream anybody. Donald Trump has a book called "Think Big and Kick A**". I have the thinking big part down, it's the second part I've got to master.
86. Growing up I wanted to be a fighter pilot, cartoonist, race car driver or architect.
87. Girls in trucks/jeeps are hot.
88. I have a fascination with wine bottles. I love the artwork on most of them and would love to collect them someday.
89. I enjoy a good Nascar race now and then and hope to attend a live race someday.
90. I love grilling and cooking and wish I had more time to do both.
91. I believe college sports more fun than professional sports.
92. Did I mention I have an over active imagination? It's definitely not a good thing most of the times, but it does help me think big. It also helps freak me out a lot if there is even the smallest seed of doubt. It's tied to me being self conscious, my fear of deep water, etc.
93. I love coins. I have a large jar full of change and love to get change when buying anything.
94. I count everything and they have to be even. If I'm walking sometimes I'll count my steps. I take even amounts of candy or swallows or basketball shots. I count to two before every free throw I shoot. I will countdown any time I'm waiting for a website to load. If it's not done loading by the time I count to ten it's usually not worth it.
95. I love the internet. All the information at your fingertips and tons of stuff to buy. I pride myself on being able to find good deals.
96. I'm a pretty good speller. Give me a word and I can usually get it right. Usually.
97. I'm a huge Michael Jordan fan. Not only did he play for UNC, but he was also the best basketball player ever, has great work ethic, very business savvy and took Nike to where it is today. My daughter's name was almost Jordan Michael Price until Jess realized what I was trying to do. She liked Jordan and she liked Michael as a middle name, but not together. Her middle name is still Michael.
98. My first crush was Christy Stevens from kindergarten to 6th grade. Then I moved and my new crush was Aimee Merrill until I graduated.
99. I only skipped one day of school in high school and that was because my girlfriend was sick and her parent's wouldn't let her stay home. I called the school, acted as her dad and got her excused. Then I called my dad, played sick and he called the school for me. All that work just so I could drive her to my house and get busted by my bishop just as I was pulling into my driveway and then she just slept all day. I was bored out of my mind.
100. I wink at Jess to let her know everything is okay without having to say anything.
101. I'm addicted to Apple products. I have a Mac computer. I have an ipod. I crave an iPhone and am hoping to get a laptop soon.