Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Playing Catch Up

Well, it's been a while since the last blog and I'm trying to catch up. So the next few days may be sort of random, but it will cover our lives for the past 3 weeks.

Right after we got home from the beach we had Jess' high school reunion that same night. Jess' brother, Mike, and his wife, Jenny, also graduated the same year so it was fun for all of us to go there together and have a night out. The reunion was at the Snowbird Ski Resort. It was okay. Probably more fun for them than me since I was the only one that didn't know hardly anyone. Every now and then I'd recognize someone from an old ward or a friend we had seen in the past, but for the most part I was twiddling my thumbs. Let's just say that by the end of the night my thumbs were really tired. So I decided to get involved when they were handing out prizes. The MC asked who had lived with their in-laws the longest. One girl's hand shot up and she shouted '2 years!'. Everyone was kind of shocked and hooped and hollered. Jess slowly turned and looked at me thinking that I wouldn't dare raise my hand to reveal one of the most embarassing parts of our marriage to all these people she graduated with. I however didn't know them from Adam and my hand shot towards the sky. 'Two and a half years!!!'. Everyone turned and stared and I had a big grin on my face as I was named the winner (or loser, depends on how you look at it) and walked my way to the front to claim my prize. To my great delight I now have a new t-shirt that for some reason Jess says I can only wear if I'm with her. Can't understand why though.

The next day started a long 4 days of both kids trading off having fevers. Austin all day Sunday, Kaylee caught up Sunday night and then both on Monday with Kaylee being the lone fever bearer until Wed. morning. It was so sad to see them looking drugged, stoned, drunk, and anything else that you look like when downing substances you shouldn't. I had to take a pic.

Finally, Kaylee felt better, went back to preschool and got a package from Grandma Price that included a workbook that she has literally not put down for the past 2 weeks. She loves the thing more than eating or sleeping. It's the first thing she does in the morning and wants it by her bed at night. I guess that's a good sign. Maybe it's a sign she'll be smart. Hopefully smart enough to not live with her in-laws for two and a half years when she's older.

No comments: