Friday, July 31, 2009

NYC baby!

We had just gotten out of the van that took us to our hotel in Time Square. Had to capture the moment.

Times Square right outside our hotel.

Below are several pics from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was the first place we went and I've wanted to go there forever. Could have spent days in that place. Couldn't believe I was actually seeing the paintings I had spent many hours studying through college.













We decided to do a rickshaw ride around Central Park. It was HUGE! We didn't get to see all of it, but loved everything we saw. Could have spent days there too. Can I just buy a huge piece of land and have it be like Central Park in my backyard? Is that too much to ask?

Jess' dad was having a little too much fun. :)

The FRIENDS fountain!





Jess, me and her mom at the Top of the Rock(efeller). We had just finished seeing Jersey Boys as you can tell by my playbill. LOVED IT! Some crude language, but the music was great. Totally forgot that Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons sang so many great songs.

Times Square at night.

Times Square at night again. It was probably about midnight and the place is still jumping. We were exhausted and went to sleep, but in the morning...

...we saw Tom! Tom is one of our oldest and best friends. We were roommates in college and he's currently a chef in NYC.

The flat iron building

Empire State Building

Madison Square Garden

Wall Street

New York Stock Exchange

Rockafeller Plaza

The U.N.

Chrysler Building (one of my favorites).

Lady Liberty. She a good looking lady.

She's even better looking at night. Since she wears a gown and it's at night, does this mean she's in her nightgown? Oh my. I'm a bit embarrassed now that I took a pic of her. This was taken on our dinner cruise one night. It was awesome. I thought I had more pics, but the boat had an all glass, dome shaped ceiling so that it felt like you were just sitting on a big open boat, but you were covered. It was nice since it rained just a little while on the cruise. The food was great also.

The Empire State Building and Chrysler building. Sorry the pics aren't the best. We need a new camera.



I could totally take Yao.

Since I'm such a kid at heart we HAD to go to F.A.O. Schwartz while in NYC. It wasn't like I thought it would be. I remember it differently in movies so I was a little disappointed, but it was still amazing. On the other hand, the Apple store was right outside and it was AWESOME! Can't believe we don't have a pic of it. Wait, I'm getting one from the internet and putting it on here.

Darth Lego

Yep, we played chopsticks.



Jelly Belly toy soldier.

The oustide of the Apple store at night. It's a huge glass box that you walk into and then go down a glass spiral staircase.



The spiral staircase and inside of the Apple store. It was actually pretty crowded and had tons of tables with Apple products on all of them for you to test out and play with. It really was MY candy store.





1 comment:

joel and laura michelle said...

NYC=best place on earth. 1st thing-where in the world were your kiddos while you were off exploring the world? 2nd - my gf from college is in jersey boys. you probably saw her :)