Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Kids say the darndest things

So Kaylee and Austin have been saying some hilarious things lately and I'd like to start sharing them. Sometimes they remind me of that Bill Cosby show "Kids Say The Darndest Things". Sometimes it reminds me of the innocence of a child. Sometimes it reminds me that they are always watching and listening. Which is what happened this morning.

Kaylee, Austin and I were having a 'hide and seek' game with a missing movie and running around the house trying to find it. Then out of the blue as I ran into the powder bath I stubbed my toe. Oh the pain! The agony!!! It was horrific. I thought for sure I'd look down and see some sort of blood on my sock. It at least had to be broken. As it happened I let out a rather loud moan and started mumbling under my breath. This is what happened.

Me: UUUUUUGGGGHHH!! Gosh dang it! AAAAAHHHHH!!! Son of a ........biscuit eater! Mumble mumble, grumble grumble"

At this point I turn and sit down on the toilet to look over the permanent damage that had to have happened. Wondering if I would be able to keep the toe or if they would have to amputate the mangled mess. Then Kaylee comes around the corner.

Kaylee: Where is the son of a biscuit eater daddy?
Me: Huh?
Kaylee: The son of a biscuit eater.
Me: Oh, ummmmmmmmmmm. I don't know. (blushing and feeling sheepish as I hear Jess trying to hold back her giggles on the couch)

Oh the innocence of a child. It will be amazing if my kids turn out okay. By the way, the toe is fine. No blood. Nothing broken. I'm playing basketball tomorrow morning. (c:

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hilarious!! Jason and I had a great laugh over the "son of a biscuit eater". Love it:) By the way, how do you get other backgrounds on your blog (I think they are called skins)