Friday, February 15, 2008

Catch up

Yep, I've fallen behind again. Waaaay behind. Jess works at the salon on Fridays and her sister usually watches the kids, but called in with the flu. So it's SUPER DAD to the rescue! Well, not that super since right now the kids are still in their jammies, watching cartoons at 11:30am and I'm catching up on the blog. Oh well, we'll have fun this afternoon.

First I wanted to catch up on the snowstorms we've been having. Holy whiteouts Batman! It's been crazy. It seems like one storm finishes and a few days later you feel the wind picking up again bringing in another. Sometimes there's a ton of snow, others it's just really wet and icy and others it's just a light dusting, but it's still snow. I'm done with it. The last few days have been sunny and I feel like running around outside without my shirt on, but I don't want to scare the neighbors or have them call the loony bin on me. So for now I'll save my neighbors eyes and resist the temptation.

I just wanted to share a few pics from the last big storm we got.

Got snow?

I literally had to plow my way into the garage coming home from work. The tires were spinning and it came up onto the hood because there was a drift in the middle of the driveway 2 and a half feet high!

Mid-thigh and I wasn't even all the way down to the ground.

This was a few days later. The pile behind the kids was actually 5 foot tall the day of the storm. They loved having a huge hill of snow and Austin kept calling it his 'castle'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That snow is cuh razy!!!! I'm glad I live in Flo Rida. lol.

Becca said...

Holy snow Batman! :) So glad we don't have to deal with that this winter. Have fun freezing!