Friday, January 11, 2008

Baby steps

No, Carter is not walking yet. Come on people, he's only 11 weeks old! 11 weeks today actually and he's more than doubled his body weight! Yep, he's getting to be a chunk, which reminded me I haven't put any pics of him up for a while. So in my attempt to catch up in our blog I'm taking 'baby steps' and trying to do a bit each day or every other day. This one is just about some random pics we have taken over the last couple of months and the stories behind them.

So Austin has a habit of waking up in the middle of the night for no reason and doing random things. The night before Carter was born he woke up in the middle of the night and began to turn on the lights in the house. We woke up and asked what he was doing and he said 'I hungry again'. I reminded him it was the middle of the night and to get back in bed which he did very willingly. Well, a few weeks later there was another incident. This time it was when I got up at 5am to go play basketball. I walked out of our room and noticed his door open. I went and peeked inside and saw his bed empty, but all the lights were still off in the house. Hmmmmmm, this was confusing. So I walk into the family room and the picture below is what I saw. Who knows when he got up or how long he had been asleep, but there he was cuddled up on the couch dreaming of Transformers, race cars and treats galore. I thought it was funny and had to take a pic.


Here's one of me and the kids that Jess took. It was right before Christmas and the kids picked 'books' to read before bedtime. The 'books' they picked were the toy catalogs from Toys 'R' Us and they proceeded to point out that they wanted about 87% of the magazine.

Kaylee has really embraced the role of being a second mother to Carter. She loves being able to sit next to him in the back of the car and help when he gets a little fussy. One night he was whining a little before falling asleep and Kaylee grabbed the pacifier to calm him down. Next thing we know all is quiet and she had fallen asleep holding his pacifier in his mouth.

Kaylee has also liked that Jess has started exercising since Carter was born. I walked in one day to see this in our family room. Kaylee was trying her hardest to keep up and it was so dang cute.

Jess' sister gave Carter this outfit. I thought it was pretty funny.

The beginning of a lot of smiles. I'll get more up soon.

1 comment:

DeCaires Family said...

Great pictures! I love the little Christmas outfit, so cute! It looks like your home is busy as ever. Glad to see you can still keep up!