Friday, January 25, 2008

There's something in the air...

I forgot to write about something that happened on Carter's blessing day. I was in the kitchen doing something that morning and thought I saw something fly by the window in front of the sink. It was out of the corner of my eye, but I figured it was a bird. Then I thought 'That's weird. Most birds migrate and it's snowing like crazy outside'. So I didn't think much more of it until 20 seconds later I walked over to the table and saw this.......

A HAWK ON OUR PATIO CHAIR EATING ANOTHER BIRD! It was actually an American Kestrel (I looked it up) and it was awesome. It sat there for about 2 minutes pulling off feathers and eating. I was able to take a few pictures, but none of them were too great. I didn't want to scare it away, but then the kids got excited and ran up to the door and it took off with the little bird leaving behind a ton of feathers and some blood on our chair. The kids thought it was pretty cool. Austin kept saying 'Look dad, BLOOD!'. It was an exciting beginning to an exciting day.



No comments: